So you want more, huh?
Good for you; Good for the kids!
As a committed soccer learning centre we host all the courses you require as a Team Official.
Use this Ontario Soccer link
to confirm which courses you require for coaching before registering.
Coach Initiation in Sport - for House league volunteers:
The Coach Initiation in Sport module introduces coaches to the NCCP, a valuable tool for preparation for a coach’s first in-person NCCP workshop. In approximately 1 hour the module covers coaching and NCCP introductions (or refreshers) including long-term athlete development, ethics, coaching motivation, and athlete safety and wellness.
Coach Initiation in Sport is a valuable resource for:
- Parents new to coaching
- New coaches
- Experienced coaches new to the NCCP
- Athletes transitioning to coaching
- Experienced NCCP coaches who need professional development, or a refresh on the fundamental principles of the NCCP
- Sport administrators who work with the NCCP and coach development
Respect in Sport, Leader version - for all U11+ Rec. coaches and
ALL Team Officials of Rep. teams.
The Respect in Sport program was introduced in 2011 to provide coaches with invaluable information about coaching and essential approaches around working with youngsters in an appropriately respectful and nurturing coaching environment. RiS is an e-learning program for coaches, trainers, managers and any adult with a supervisory role over youth involved in soccer. It is designed as a tool to assist participants in identifying and dealing with abuse, neglect, harassment and bullying in sport.
The online course costs $30 and the curriculum is broken into six (6), 30-minute modules and includes audio/visual presentations, quizzes and printable handouts. Another beneficial feature of the program is that it does not need to be done all at once; it can be completed at your leisure. All competitive-level coaches must complete the “Respect in Soccer” program. We are hoping that coaches will recognise the long-term value of the program because of the values it promotes and also what it teaches regarding important practical guidelines for youth coaches.
Making Headway in Soccer - for everyone involved in Soccer!
Designed to help you gain the knowledge and skills required to ensure the safety of your athletes, these NCCP Professional Development modules will make you concussion smart!
To begin, you will require an NCCP#. If you have never taken an NCCP course and need an NCCP#, please register with The Locker.
You should expect to spend 60-90 minutes completing a module. Each completed module will be recorded on your coaching transcript as professional development.
Click here for Course
How do I find my N.C.C.P., number?
Make Ethical Decisions - for all Rep. coaches
By successfully completing the Make Ethical Decisions (MED) training, coaches will be fully equipped to handle ethical situations with confidence and surety. MED training helps coaches identify the legal, ethical, and moral implications of difficult situations that present themselves in the world of team and individual sport.
Active Start - for coaches of 4-6 year olds
Designed for the first time coach.
Focused on engaging children in "soccer play" and teaching basic physical literacy.
- How to run a practice session that is fun, safe and keeps children actively engaged
- How to communicate to this specific age group
- You'll leave with a basic toolkit including 12 practice plans
FUNdamentals - for coaches of 6-8 year olds
The emphasis of this course is on technical and tactical development within a small-sided game environment (5v5).
- How to develop the ABCs of movement: Agility, Balance, Coordination and speed.
- How to run a practice session that is fun, safe and keeps children actively engaged.
- How to explain the FUNdamentals of a game in a way that children can understand.
- How to communicate to this specific age group.
- You will be provided with effective practice plans that will make preparing for the season easier and will help you make a difference with your team.
Learn to Train - for coaches of 9-12 year olds
The emphasis of this course is on technical and tactical development within a small-sided game environment (6v6, 7v7, 8v8).
- How to teach basic principles of play
- How to establish training ethics and discipline in a fun and challenging environment
- How to communicate to this specific age group
Soccer for Life - for coaches of 13+ year olds
The emphasis of this course is on technical and tactical development within the 11-a-side game environment.
- How to plan and deliver effective enjoyable age-appropriate practices and how to provide feedback to your players
- How to be able to better understand the role of the coach and the developmental stage of the players you are coaching
- How to provide a safe practice/game environment for your players
We hope that asking for coach qualifications doesn't deter your interest
As a standards-based program, we really do want to help you help the kids!